December 7th, 2021. Ok, so it wasn’t actually that easy. There were a few steps taken to get us here.
SuperDave and crew…
…worked tirelessly throughout the heat of summer to clear trees and branches from along the trails, built a new deck, and completed other projects and repairs to keep the chalet and property in good form!
…worked with great effort just a few weeks ago to clear the blowdown from the trails!
…did a test run of the snowmaking equipment…just in case!
…worked diligently under the guidance of the TBDHU to finalize an opening plan…which can change on a moments notice!
And last, but not least, you did your snow dance, and it worked!
So here are the details…the 411…the plan as of today…
1. Proof of vaccination (POV) and ID must be shown to enter the chalet for ages 12+. The chalet will be open for use of the change rooms, washrooms and for front counter service (take-out food, day passes) only. The take-out window will also be open. Showers and water fountains will not be available. No eating in the chalet. No storing bags in the chalet. No tables will be set up in the main room of the chalet…only chairs for changing boots.
2. Masks must be worn at all times in the chalet and outside within 100m of the chalet. Masks must be carried at all times out on the trails and worn when social distancing is difficult to maintain.
3. Please pick up you membership card at the chalet take-out window or front counter the first time you come out for a ski or snowshoe. If you show your POV and ID, your membership card will be clipped to indicate that you are vaccinated. Members who do not plan to enter the chalet do not need to complete this step.
4. Membership cards must be scanned through the window near the exit door…the same set up as last year! Please carry your membership card with you at all times when on the trails. Day-use guests, please get your trail pass from the take-out window or at the front counter.
5. The greenhouse shelter will be open to the general public or available for groups to reserve. No POV required however only 47 folks allowed at a time (50% capacity) and masks must be worn at all times. No food permitted and only haybale seating for changing boots.
The Sun Up, Sun Down, Northern Lights and a short version of Dudley’s will be open today starting at 1 pm until 5 pm. All groomed for skate and classic! The chalet will also be open today from 1 to 5 pm. Ski rentals not available just yet but soon!
No lights on yet for evening skiing but stay tuned! We anticipate having the trails and chalet open for the rest of the week including Sunday from 9am to 5pm. But please always check the CRC Communications TBNT Snow Phone at 807-285-0801 for the details from Dave!
See you on the trails,
The Kamview Crew